QSource | Q2 Live Right
Weather | 84° F | Humidity 67% | Wind: 7mph W
2 Pax continued our leadership study: QSource. This morning we began the second quadrant Live Right with Q2: Live Right. We are currently transitioning into our next book study, Fathering Like the Father. The new study will be at the same time and place, Adventure Park Saturdays at 6:15am. QSource will continue for the rest of 2019 at WaWa after the Saturday beatdowns at approximately 8:15.
Q2 | Live Right
The Dedication To Purposefulness
1 Peter 2:24 (NIV) He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
- Are we alive for a reason outside of our own existence?
- What happens to a man who lives primarily for himself?
- Is there an intrinsic benefit in living for others?
To Live Right a man must have an ultimate Purpose in mind
- To be Purposeful is to Commit oneself to bringing an Advantage into fruition.
- Live Right is focused on the HIM’s IMPACT on the lives of other people and how he helps them to Accelerate.
- Advantage cannot be achieved by a single Movement, but must be obtained progressively by traveling through a series of Waypoints, which are the stepping stones along the path.
To Live Right requires self-sacrifice
- A man who Commits to Purpose abandons service to himself because he finds that he cannot serve two masters.
- A man who has gotten Right is no longer expending most of his energy to merely survive.
- To Live Right is to Live Third, which is to consistently and deliberately place oneself behind Creator and Community.
Living Right helps a man to stay Right
- Without the influence of a Belief System to guide him, a man ends up living on the wrong end of the Sur-Ser Continuum, which is the span between a Survivor and a Servant.
- On the Survivor end of the Sur-Ser Continuum are those men can who only stay alive by feeding off of their Community.
- At the opposite end of the continuum are the Servants, those men who have gotten Right and now Live Right to the Advantage of their Groups while expecting nothing in return.
- The bad news and good news for a Sad Clown is that the Sur-Ser Continuum is not static.
- The HIM is also a man who finds that in his effort to Live Right by carrying the Survivors and IMPACTing the Sad Clowns he gets an unexpected benefit—he himself is kept Right.
- To Live Right a man must have an Ultimate Purpose in mind
- To Live Right requires self-sacrifice
- Living Right helps a man to stay Right
Homework for 6/1
Note: We will be meeting as usual at the AP Pavilion, however we will clown car to St. Pete for the launch. Discussing Q2.1 on the way and/or coffeteria afterwards.
Thoughts for the week:
- Can a man self-initiate positive change in his life?
- Can a broken man be helped?
- Can an unbroken man be convinced to risk abandoning his Status Quo?